When we first get a new Apple product we tend to have a good play around with it, before working out how to actually use it. Unless you want to read the manual from cover to cover, which we donít, then youíll probably just teach yourself how it works. However, you could be missing out on some really cool tricks and shortcuts, to make your life even easier. Here are some of the secret tricks to getting the most from your iPhone, iPad and iPod; without having to read the manual.
The new iPhone operating system, iOS 7, has plenty of little tricks up its sleeve, to make your life easier. Here are some of our favourites:
- Teach Siri the proper pronunciation of words by saying ďSiri that is now how you pronounce that.Ē It should register your command and ask you to teach it the correct way of pronouncing whatever it was you were trying to say.
- See the quick view of your day including calendar events, notifications, weather and even stock prices by sliding your finger from the top to the bottom of your screen. If you go to the notification centre in your settings, you will also be able to customise what you see here.
- Quickly toggle some of your most useful settings by sliding your finger from the bottom to top; this will bring up the quick settings view. Here you can turn wifi on and off, adjust the brightness and even switch on your torch.
These are just some of the recent improvements Apple have made to iOS 7, with plenty more on the way (they promise). We think it is now easier than ever to access what you need, when you need it, on your iPhone.
Most iPads have now been upgraded to iOS 7, which means that you will be able to use the same tricks that weíve shown you for the iPhone. However your iPad will have a lot more features than a smartphone, which means plenty more shortcuts and tricks:
- Those who use their iPad for work, or who carry sensitive data on the device, will love Appleís super secure mode. Simply go to general settings, then passcode lock to turn on the erase data setting. If the passcode is entered wrong 10 times then all of the data will be wiped! Just make sure you donít forget your own password.
- Listen to all of the music stored on your iTunes, even if it isnít on your iPad. Go to the advanced menu on iTunes to enable home sharing, then go to the ĎMoreí or ĎSharedí section in the music player of your iPad. Youíll now see your playlists and libraries are instantly accessible.
- Multitasking gestures have got even better on the iPad, so make sure you set up the ones that you need. Head over to the general settings and configure four and five finger swipes that will let you bring up the apps you need in a flash.
The iPad is jam packed with clever little ways to help you navigate your apps, collate your multimedia and even stay secure. Have a play around and see what else you can find.
Even though most people use their iPhones or iPads for music nowadays, there are still many of us who like having a separate device. If you are an iPod owner then youíll find these hints rather helpful:
- Did you know that you donít know iTunes to copy music from your iPod to computer anymore? There are some clever softwares and applications that you can use on your PC that will make it even easier to transfer music.
- You can force quit an app thatís playing up on your iPod touch, to save it from wasting precious memory. Simply double tap the home button and then swipe up on the app you wish to close.
- Create your own keyboard shortcuts for words or phrases you say on a regular basis whether that be on WhatsApp, Facebook or iMessage. Go to the keyboard menu under general settings, add a shortcut and type in what you want the phrase to be. Simple, time saving and fun!
Apple are pretty good at making things easy for us tech lovers to enjoy our devices; which of these tricks are you going to be trying today?
Why Your Atlanta based Business Needs a Cutting-edge Mobile App?
The emergence of smartphones has literally changed the way people conduct business in Atlanta. Today business is no longer confined...
Top Tech Gadgets for Garden Lovers
The future of gardening is drawing closer and closer, as innovative ideas and inventions are changing the way we approach...
Monitoring Smartphone Activities via Hoverwatch
Concerned about who your child is talking to on their cell phone? Well now you no longer have to be...
Everything You Need To Know About The Future Of Apple Inc.
Ten years ago this year, Apple wowed the world with the first smartphone, the iPhone. The leap in technology that...
How Your Smartphone Can Save Your Daily Commute
The commute to work is never fun. Hopping on a train is not the best way to start the day,...
5 Essential Tips to Keep Your Smartphone Safe
Many people around the world rely on their smartphones for a variety of things. Whether itís checking your bank balance,...
When Did You First Realize You Couldn’t Live Without Your Smartphone?
Itís an interesting question, isnít it? Chances are you probably canít point to a single event. Rather, the more you...
Appy Days: Get Your Smartphone Rockin’ All Week With These Classic Downloads
The invention of the smartphone has revolutionized the world as we know it. Whether your iPhone or Android doesnít matter,...
Simple Things That Could Be Damaging Your Smartphone
Smartphones have become something that many of us will not leave home without. They keep us in constant contact with...
The Case for the Custom Smartphone Case
You can’t judge a smartphone by its case. Or can you? Come to think of it, there’s nothing more to...